Most people like to secure their most valued assets through home and…Read more
Advantages of Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Insurance
- Emergency medical transportation- Medical evacuation and repatriation insurance provides transportation services if a member is away from his permanent residence and needs to be evacuated due to an accident or sudden illness. The plan can arrange and pay for transfer to the nearest qualified medical facility that can provide adequate care and treatment.
- Joining of an injured family member– If a member is hospitalized in a foreign country for more than seven days, the plan can make economy travel arrangements for parents or family members to join. Plus, hotels and meals are also arranged for a maximum of 5 days.
- Repatriation of deceased remains– In the event of the policy member’s death, this benefit covers the costs of reasonable expenses associated with returning the mortal remains.
- Return of dependent children– If the policyholder is hospitalized for more than seven days, the plan can arrange for minor children to fly back home with an attendant if needed.
- Travel assistance– At the member’s request, the benefit can offer translation and interpreter services. It can also help members with changing airlines, hotels, or car rentals.