A person who has arranged to take a Covered Trip, and pays the required plan payment, and is a resident of the United States of America.
All coverages (except Pre-Departure Trip Cancellation and Post-Departure Trip Interruption) will take effect on the later of:
- the date the plan payment has been received by our authorized agent;
- the date and time you start your Covered Trip; or
- 12:01 A.M. Standard Time on the Scheduled Departure Date of your Covered Trip.
Pre-Departure Trip Cancellation coverage will take effect at 12:01 A.M. Standard Time on the day after the date your plan payment is received by our authorized agent. Post-Departure Trip Interruption coverage will take effect on the Scheduled Departure Date of your Covered Trip if the required plan payment is received.
Coverage automatically ends on the earlier of:
- the date the Covered Trip is completed; or
- the Scheduled Return Date; or
- your arrival at the return destination on a round trip, or
- the destination on a one-way trip; or
- cancellation of the Covered Trip covered by the plan.