An Eligible Participant or an Eligible Dependent must meet all of the following requirements. Must be:
- a resident of the U.S.
- under Age 75.
- Is traveling outside the U.S. and is traveling at least 24 hours away from his/her Home.
Each Eligible Participant’s and his/her Eligible Dependent’s Period of Insurance starts on the latest of the following:
- The Plan Effective Date;
- 12:00:01am on the date or the postmark of the enrollment received by the Insurer;
- 2:00:01 am on the date designated by the Eligible Participant in the enrollment form, if that date is after the Insurer receives the enrollment form.
- 12:00:01 am on the date designated by the Group of which the Eligible Participant is a member.
The Insured Person’s coverage ends without notice from the Insurer on the earlier of:
- the end of the last period for which premium payment has been made to the Insurer;
- the date the Plan terminates;
- the date the Maximum Period of Insurance Benefit of the Plan has been exhausted;
- the date of fraud or misrepresentation of a material fact by the Insured Participant, except as indicated in the Time Limit on Certain Defenses provision